Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Funny Valentine

I got a sweet surprise at work today! My Valentine sent me a fresh cut bouquet of tulips. I was totally caught by surprise. It's really hard to surprise me and I don't think Tom has ever had a bouquet of fresh flowers delivered to me in the 6 1/2 years we've been together. Let me clarify, I have asked him not to get me bouquets because they are usually pretty pricey. Instead I've suggested if he's going to buy me flowers that he buy some sort of potted flower since they live longer and are cheaper. I also usually discourage him from doing anything for Valentine's Day because our anniversary is the 25th of February and that is more important to me. But sometimes it's good that he doesn't go by my suggestions because fresh flowers always make me smile. :)




What's funny is, for the past several years, Tom's dad has sent flowers to my office for Valentine's Day. So when I got this bouquet today I automatically assumed it was from his dad, but this is what the card said (sorry it's blurry).



After I read the card I immediately called Tom and told him thank you and that I loved them. I also confessed that before I read the card, I had assumed they were from his dad and he told me he thought I would think that.
I just love surprises!

1 comment: