Monday, February 14, 2011

Meatloaf

Meatloaf is a comfort food staple in my family. I know...you either love it or you hate it. I wouldn't really eat it growing up, but I do love it now. It's also one of those foods that tastes better than it looks. My mom makes it similar to the way my dad's mom makes it, with BBQ sauce instead of tomato paste/ketchup. My mom doesn't use a recipe because she knows it by heart. After I got married, I requested that she write the recipe out so I could learn to make it for Tom and I. This is what she gave me. Click the image of the recipe below, and then click it once more to enlarge it enough to read it clearly.
*Sara's Notes:
My mom wrote the recipe for two loaves, but I half it when cooking for just the two of us and there are still leftovers.
I also substitute fine Club cracker crumbs with Quaker Oats for a slightly healthier twist.
My favorite BBQ sauce to use is Head Country Original.
I've learned that with my oven I only need to bake my one loaf for 45 minutes.
Let it cool 5-10 minutes before slicing or it will just fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment