Thursday, January 19, 2012

And They're Off!

I'm a day late posting this, but...I GOT MY BRACES OFF!!!  Whoo hoo!  For nearly 2 years, I've had braces. I decided to get them primarily to correct my jaw alignment and deep overbite, but also to straighten my teeth.  On my top teeth, I had sneaky ibraces (aka lingual braces).  They were hidden from sight on the back of my teeth like the pictures below.


On my bottom teeth, I had regular clear ceramic braces like the following picture.


My braces were installed on March 10, 2010 and removed on January 18, 2012. My total treatment lasted about 22 months.  To keep my teeth in place, I now have a permanent retainer bonded to the back of my bottom teeth and to the back of my top 2 front teeth.  I also have a removable clear tray retainer for the rest of my top teeth.  I have to be a good girl and wear the tray full-time for the next 6 months. After that, I will wear it only at nighttime.   I'm glad to be nearing the end of my adult orthodontia!

No comments:

Post a Comment