Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nursery Projects

I completed a project for the nursery last night, and I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  

[My apologies...all pictures below are poor iPhone quality pics]




I bought the framed mirrors [on sale] from Kirkland's and ordered vinyl monograms of the babies' initials from Posh Designs by Marilyn. Putting sticky vinyl lettering on a mirror is no easy task by the way. Being a perfectionist, it drove me nuts. After trying to apply the lettering slowly and carefully, there were still little air bubbles and the letters are not completely centered on the mirrors. But, if you don't critique them too hard, they look fine. The mirrors will be hanging on the wall behind each crib, so I doubt the imperfections will be that noticeable.  

We also completed a nursery project last weekend, we got the curtains hung. I first saw the curtains on the Pottery Barn Kids website for 40% off. They were out of stock online, so I went into the store and they had them in stock and they honored the online price. We aren't painting the nursery, we are leaving it tan/neutral because it's a boy and a girl. These curtains are a white fabric with tan chenille polka dots and go great with the existing color. They are made really well, the fabric is nice and thick and they have blackout lining.




I don't believe I've ever posted a pic of the cribs before. Assembling the cribs was our first nursery project, which we did with the help of my parents a while back. Because we are having twins, I wanted cribs with low profiles rather than being large and over sized like most of them on the market are these days. The nursery is plenty big, but two cribs take up a lot of space!  I've always loved the traditional Jenny Lind style, so that's what we went with, in the cherry finish. I also had a Jenny Lind style crib when I was baby.  :)



1 comment: