Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 30


How Far Along:  30 Weeks (at 29.2 weeks, my doctor said I was measuring like a 38 week singleton pregnancy)

Size of Babies:  The babies are about 15.7 inches long and weigh almost 3 lbs.

Total Weight Gain: +34 lbs total as of my April 12th appointment

Maternity Clothes: I wear mostly maternity clothes, but I can still wear some of my regular tops and dresses.  I'm not sure the regular tops and dresses will fit for much longer though!

Gender: It's a Boy and Girl - Grady Warren and Wren Elizabeth! :) :)

Movement: LOTS of movement

Sleep:  I move between the bed, recliner, and couch. I wake up super sore no matter what I try.

What I Miss: Sleeping on my tummy

Cravings: SWEETS!

Symptoms: Carpel Tunnel, lower back pain, and swelling.

At my April 12th appointment, my doctor put me on modified bed rest due to the stress on my body at this point in my pregnancy and a rise in my blood pressure. Modified bed rest means I am prohibited from working and household chores and I need to spend the majority of my time "taking it easy" with my feet up at home. I can go on occasional outings but should only be on my feet for short periods of time. I've taken my blood pressure at home since starting modified bed rest and it looks like "taking it easy" has proven effective for lowering and keeping my blood pressure down.

Best Moment(s) So Far: Seeing the progress made on the painting of the nursery furniture. Our rocker/recliner finally came in and we got to pick it up from the furniture store!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment