Monday, August 6, 2012

Grady & Wren: 3 Months












Grady's Stats: 10 lbs 3 oz / ~22 inches

Wren's Stats: 10 lbs  13 oz / ~23 inches 

Grady's Clothing & Diaper Size: Some Newborn clothes that run big and 3 Month clothes and Size 1 diapers

Wren's Clothing & Diaper Size: Some Newborn clothes that run big and 3 Month clothes and Size 1 diapers

Special Outings: On Friday, July 13, you visited mommy's office downtown and saw her co-workers. That was the first time mommy took you out by herself! Later that evening our family went out to eat as a party of 4 for the first time. We went to Charleston's. Grady, you were fussy so Daddy and I had to take turns eating so that we could hold you. Wren, you snoozed in your car seat the whole time.

Milestones:  You are both smiling a lot now. Grady, you are a little more generous with your grins and you flash them at me often when I talk to you or stroke your cheek. It. melts. my. heart. You are such a charmer. Wren, you smile at your bows and hats that are hanging on the shelf above the changing pad when you get your diaper changed. You also smile when we talk to you but you have to really study us for a while before you give us a grin. You are both getting better at keeping your head steady. I put you in your Mamas & Papas Baby Snug chairs for the first time on Sunday, July 29 to see how you would do and you just sat there like big kids as if it was no big deal. Wren, you were so nonchalant about it you even fell asleep. You are both sleeping longer stretches during the night. [Yay!!] You eat at midnight and then we don't feed you again until one of you wakes up, anywhere from 5:15am to 6:00am.


My Thoughts:  I recently read through some of my blog posts regarding our journey to becoming parents and I was reminded how painful infertility was. I am so thankful that I now have you two to love and nurture.  It is still so surreal at times that God gave you to us. We are thoroughly enjoying being your parents. I am adjusting well to staying home with you. I was sad to leave my career but being the one you smile at, cuddle with, and play with everyday is priceless. Everyone tells me that this time flies by incredibly fast, so I want to soak it all up as best I can.

Routine:
These days our routine looks roughly like this:
6:00am Feed
7:00am Nap in crib
9:00am Feed
10:00am Playtime/Tummy time/Cat naps
12:00pm Feed
1:00pm Nap in crib
3:00pm Feed
4:00pm Nap in crib
6:00pm Feed
7:00pm Playtime/Tummy time/Cat naps
9:00pm Feed
10:00pm Waketime (fussy time for Wren)
12:00am Feed

Favorites:  Baby Einstein Neptune play-mat, Snug-a-Bunny bouncy seats, swings, ceiling fans, overhead lights, lamps, being talked to, and being snuggled.

I thought I'd add in a few more categories starting this month.  They are as follows:

Dislikes:  You do not like your car-seats or baths AT ALL.  You don't really like tummy time but every now and then you tolerate it.

Food:  You are both still on your special preemie formula, Similac NeoSure. Grady, since you weren't on the growth chart at your 2 month well baby visit, we still mix yours more concentrated per doctor's orders. Wren, you were on the growth chart at your 2 month well baby visit, so we were told to quit concentrating your bottles. Right now you are both eating about 3.5 oz (105 mL) per bottle and you usually finish your whole bottle each time.

Nicknames:  Grady, we call you "Grady Man," "G Man," "Grade," "Grades," "Brother," "Brother Bear," "Bubs," "Bubba," and "Buddy." Wren, we call you "Sister," "Sister Bear," "Sister Pants," "Sis-her," "Sissy," "Wrennie Roo," "Wrennie Roo Roo," and Daddy calls you "Little Bird."

No comments:

Post a Comment