Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Feelin' Fine...

...at Twenty-_ _ _ _!

My Birthday celebrations began on Friday, August 3. Per tradition, my friend Sheri treated me to a birthday lunch. This year instead of going out, she brought me lunch and we had a chance to catch up with one another's lives while we ate and fed my babies.

Friday night Tom and I got to go out on a date to celebrate my birthday.  My mom and dad kept the babies and we went to dinner at Iron Starr and I got one of my favorite meals, the Beef Tenderloin Wedge Salad with blue cheese, spiced pecans, and bacon vinaigrette followed by a slice of buttermilk pie.  So yummy! After we ate dinner we went to see Disney Pixar's Brave.  It was a really cute movie.  
On Saturday morning I got pampered with a mani/pedi while Tom stayed home with the babies.  After I got my nails done I ran a few errands.  When I got home we did some chores and then went to a going away party for some of our small group friends, the Moody's.  They will be moving to Portland, OR next week.  We will miss them so much!  

Sunday we went to church and then went out to lunch at Charleston's with my parents.  After lunch we made a spur of the moment decision to go look at houses since we've been toying with the idea of moving.  While on our way to some open houses, Tom's parents called and wanted to see the babies so we ended up dropping them off at their house while we looked in a few neighborhoods. We didn't really see anything that we felt was worth moving for and it confirmed our thoughts that it is still not time for us to move. 

On Monday, my actual birthday, I took the babies over to my parents' house for the day and we ended up staying through to the evening. My mom made chocolate chip cookies and helped me with the babies. Per my request, Tom picked up pizza from Upper Crust for dinner and brought it over to my parents' house so we could all eat together.

Next Sunday we will have my family birthday party at my parent's house.  I like to pack in as many excuses to celebrate my birthday as possible and really stretch it out. ;)

1 comment: