Thursday, September 27, 2012

Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken with Biscuits

Today was a FULL day, full in a fun way. The babies and I ventured out in the world with "Grammy" (my mom). Because I knew I would be away from the house from 10:30am to ?, I prepped dinner early (as in 5:30am, before the babies' 6:00am feeding). I deboned a whole chicken that I made in the crock-pot overnight, then it was time to feed the babies. After the babies were fed and put back down, I prepped and assembled the ingredients for a new recipe I wanted to try:

Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken with Biscuits
source: Real Simple
*My side notes:
I did not use dry white wine because I didn't have any. I added roughly diced small gold potatoes because I had some on hand and thought, why not? I didn't use poultry seasoning because I didn't have any. Instead I just used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage as the seasonings. I used already cooked & shredded chicken, for some reason I don't like adding raw chicken to crock-pot recipes. The recipe mentions using drop biscuits, but I used Grand's canned biscuits because that's what I had in the fridge. I had to thicken it a little after it had cooked all day. I did so by stirring in a shaken mixture of milk and cornstarch. It ended up being a tasty warm meal on a slightly cool and dreary fall day.

early morning prep &  clean up...

my finished product...

served over bottom half of biscuit, topped with 
sharp cheddar cheese and top half of biscuit...

and just because they're cute...my 'lil punkins...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment