Thursday, September 27, 2012

Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken with Biscuits

Today was a FULL day, full in a fun way. The babies and I ventured out in the world with "Grammy" (my mom). Because I knew I would be away from the house from 10:30am to ?, I prepped dinner early (as in 5:30am, before the babies' 6:00am feeding). I deboned a whole chicken that I made in the crock-pot overnight, then it was time to feed the babies. After the babies were fed and put back down, I prepped and assembled the ingredients for a new recipe I wanted to try:

Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken with Biscuits
source: Real Simple
*My side notes:
I did not use dry white wine because I didn't have any. I added roughly diced small gold potatoes because I had some on hand and thought, why not? I didn't use poultry seasoning because I didn't have any. Instead I just used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage as the seasonings. I used already cooked & shredded chicken, for some reason I don't like adding raw chicken to crock-pot recipes. The recipe mentions using drop biscuits, but I used Grand's canned biscuits because that's what I had in the fridge. I had to thicken it a little after it had cooked all day. I did so by stirring in a shaken mixture of milk and cornstarch. It ended up being a tasty warm meal on a slightly cool and dreary fall day.

early morning prep &  clean up...

my finished product...

served over bottom half of biscuit, topped with 
sharp cheddar cheese and top half of biscuit...

and just because they're cute...my 'lil punkins...

No comments:

Post a Comment