Monday, February 8, 2010

Repitition

We humans are stubborn and thick headed (this is no revelation) and we sometimes don't clue into things until we encounter the same thing over and over. What I'm referring to is when God really wants to teach me something, it appears over and over in various ways. God often uses repetition to get His point across.

What He has been reminding me is that I am not meant to bear my own burdens.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

I've recently been reading through the book of Matthew and I just got to Chapter 11 today. I know the above verses well, but the message of these verses has been sent to me via several mediums lately. Each time it arrives in my heart, it is perfect timing.

Last Tuesday, on the way to a Dr.'s appointment when I was feeling weak and weary, I turned on the radio and the DJ was speaking this verse. It was just what I needed. Tuesday night after Tom and I were sharing our day with each other, Tom played the Watermark song "Captivate Us" for us to reel ourselves in and focus. The bridge in the song quotes Matthew 11:30. In Sunday School yesterday when
Vickey Banks was teaching, we read the referenced passage and she reiterated that we are not meant to go it alone. She stated that we are not truly resting in God if we are weary from our burdens.

All of that was a precursor to me reading that passage again today when I providentially came to Chapter 11. So, let's count how many times God brought the same message to me.

1. Tuesday afternoon
2. Tuesday night
3. Sunday morning
4. Monday morning

His word is powerful and His timing is perfect.

1 comment: