Monday, December 20, 2010

Gone in 60 Seconds

I thought I'd share a yummy recipe with you lovelies. If you like cheeseballs, (how could you not) then you will LOVE this one. I was first introduced to it at a friend's surprise birthday party. I won't tell you how many helpings of it I ate. :/ I made it for my small group's Christmas party last night. The recipe is from local caterers, the Prairie Gypsies, who also have their own line of homemade jams, jellies, fruit butters, mustards, and salad dressings. Confession, I didn't use their signature jam. I cheated and used a grocery store brand but it turned out just as yummy (plus it's cheaper).
Here's the recipe:

Gone in 60 Seconds Dip (Cheeseball)
1/2 cup Chopped Green Onions
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
1 8 0z package Cream Cheese
1/4 cup - 1/2 cup Red Hot Pepper Jelly
(I used Reese Hot Pepper Jelly, although recipe calls for PG's Red Hot Lover Pepper Jam)
Crackers of your choice (I used Wheat Thins)
Preparation:
Combine shredded cheddar cheese, pecans, green onion, and cream cheese (it's easier to combine if you set the cream cheese out for 30-45 minutes prior to preparation). Form into flattened ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes and place on serving plate and spoon jam/jelly over the top of the dip just before serving. Serve with crackers.
Because I like pictures to make sure I know what I'm looking for when I'm making a new recipe, here are pictures of the jam and jelly.
PG's Red Hot Lover Pepper Jam
Reese Hot Pepper Jelly
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I lurve CHEESEBALLS! Maybe that's because I am a cheeseball which comes with the territory of being the baby of the family :-) Can't wait to try this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete