Monday, February 6, 2012

Healer

At nearly 12 weeks pregnant, I posted about a time around Christmas that I was singing on the worship team in church and got overcome with emotion and cried and couldn't make it through the song I was supposed to sing.  Well, yesterday I helped serve on the worship team again and I am pleased to report that I did not cry this time. :) I honestly didn't know if I would be able to keep the tears back because I was asked to lead out on a song that is very near to my heart.

The worship song "Healer" ministered to my hurting heart during the darkest days of our infertility.  Now it serves as a resounding reminder of what He's done and a promise of what He will do.  As I sang "Healer," I kept my eyes closed for the majority of the song because every time I would open them, I would look out and see a church member in the congregation worshipping and weeping.  I knew if I watched my fellow church members weep, I would lose it too.  It's especially tough when I know certain members' particular situations and why this song is so dear to them too.  God helped me get through the song without crying and the beautiful part about it was that our church was truly worshipping the Healer.  It is such a cool gift to be able to stand in front of my church congregation and listen to everyone singing aloud to the Father in one voice.  I will never get over how great that is.  

Below is a youtube video of Kari Jobe singing "Healer"


"Healer"

Verse:
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease

I trust in You
I trust in You

Chorus:
I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

Bridge:
Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands

1 comment:

  1. No lie, tears down my face and I thought about how I've weeped singing that song and praying to God as you lead that song in months past. I even leaned over to Paula C and said, " how did she just make it through that song?" you did great. What a joy to walk with you.

    ReplyDelete